Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ode To Graffiti I Spotted Yesterday

When I see most graffiti displayed,
I think, “Words should be said and not sprayed.”
For I’m sure if my trashcan could talk,
It wouldn’t yell, “CHRISTOPHER RAWKS!”
And I doubt that most bathroom stalls care
Whether “JENNA WUZ HERE” or wuz there.
Surely exit ramps think thoughts more clever
Than “BILLY + DEBBIE 4-EVA.”
(If they don’t, well, they’ve still got more class
Than the average road underpass.)

But here’s an exception to note -
One stop sign had reason to gloat.
Its message rang both strong and true,
As a spray-written missive should do.
‘Neath STOP, an extra command
In lettering rendered by hand -
No four-letter-studded design,
Just one simple phrase: "HAMMER TIME."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You so clevah! Mumsie

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you were born to live in a time where courtly epigrams were in vogue.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home