Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A "C" Rime, Part II

As promised, here’s another C:
This poem’s Continuation.
But sleep prevails o’er rhyming tales,
...Forgive the abbreviation.

Coleridge gave his Mariner
A bad run in Part II --
Heat increased, bird deceased...
What’s a guy to do?

This sequel isn’t half as bad,
Though humidity’s a beast.
The ‘Net’s still free, as is TV,
They even change my sheets. (not quite a rhyme - too near bedtime)

The mightiest of Cs has been
The one of crimson hue:
Thanks to the Red Cross debit card,
‘Tis sea, not me, that’s blue. (a grammar slip, "I" hope you'll skip...)

Best of all, the profs emerged
Preventing Consternation.
The Mariner now has three forms
For psych course registration.

Last, the lease was signed today:
Bed, bath, communal den.
No slimy bugs, nor moth-bit rugs,
Just two crabs moving in.

So, Samuel’s poor chap and I
Concur upon this matter:
That which does not kill you
Makes damn good wedding chatter.

*Zzzzz*

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

9:32 your time...Hope you are still zzzzz-ing...mugwort

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. Read your post in July after discovering Stephanie Klein's huge book deal etc.. linked to it from some online article or other. That was a fantastic post. I too am waiting for someone to "discover" me. Didn't realize there were so many amazing writers out there, as none of them roam in my circles. So here I am, clicking on everyone's blogs, becoming increasingly more dispondant that everyone seems so damn talented.. and you summed it up perfectly, better than I could, which makes me jealous that you reached into my brain, stole my thoughts, then typed them so elegantly. Ah well. You are a great writer and I found you.. So chin up, my friend.
www.thegirlwho.squarespace.com
Monica

7:59 PM  
Blogger Jesse Anna Bornemann said...

Is this spam too? Sigh. Good thing I took a course entitled "Well Being" yesterday...otherwise, these mixed compliments could really mess with my psyche.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so confused by the random responses on your blog. glad you signed a lease and are starting to find a semblance (if only i could spell) of a normal life -a

p.s. it's a school day and i feel better suited to write in all lower case. i'm not sure what that says about my psyche.

p.p.s. don't you wish this acquaintance was better at writing... too many mistakes, too many misspelled words.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesseanna,

Hope you are doing well. I havent read your blog for a while, it looks like youve been on quite an adventure. I'm doing well, still an orange belt and kicking along (higher, stronger kicks of course). I hope you have found a way to go to some karate classes. Any belt tests yet?

Jone

1:08 PM  
Blogger Jesse Anna Bornemann said...

Jone, it's good to see you again!

No karate for me here. No exercise at all, as a matter of fact. I miss it. I left my orange belt and token "broken board" in New Orleans. As soon as I feel more settled here, I'll hunt for a karate class.

Happy kicking!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home